Sunday, April 7, 2019

Gadgets & Tools


I'm pretty sure I have most of them, if not all. I don't have all the rulers and templates but the other stuff...yeah...I have that. 

With my handy dandy thread cutter I could be chain piecing a mile a minute. With my bobbin holder thingy I can use thread right off the bobbin and never waste thread again. I have a rubber bobbin storage oval which is actually very helpful except when I pop the bobbin out too exuberantly and it goes flying. I have a magnet to clip on my person so I can attach scissors to myself, and a button with a pulley cord to do the same, and yet I never remember where I laid my scissors. Oh yeah! I'm wearing them! I have a thread stand, a bobbin winder, six kinds of marking pens, three styles of seam rippers, five types of scissors, thread snips, a magnetic wand to pick up pins that become invisible on my floor, and a partridge in a pear tree! Oh, sorry, I forgot what I was doing. 
I have five cutting mats. A big one, a small one, a travel one that is a cutting mat and ironing surface, and two that rotate. There's a trashcan/cup holder combo that attaches to the table. A mini fan I can attach to the table to blow directly on me for those days when my sewing machine and I are en fuego. Plastic head straight pins and glass head pins so I wouldn't melt the plastic ones with the iron. Oh, and a regular iron for home and a travel iron for random sewing sites. There are multicolored clips and pink breast cancer awareness clips. (Pet peeve-all this breast cancer awareness stuff. I had kidney cancer and it's my thinking that you can live without boobies but you have to have a kidney to live. So why aren't there renal cell carcinoma awareness clips? You know I would have some.) And there's more, and even more gadgets that have been thrown in a crowded drawer and forgotten. Several haven't been used. Yet.
With allllll that you would think I'd be turning out a quilt every few days. It should be easy, right? But, no. I have yet to find a quilt shop that sells antiprocrastination gadgets. And neither does Amazon. Seems like there'd be a spray for that. I could put it on the shelf with my two kinds of starch and my flatter.
Happy quilting!
Angie Clemons
~Choose kind~

3 comments:

  1. Good Job Angie! I have more gadgets than I need but someone is gonna need that in the co-op and by gosh I am going to be prepared. Can’t help it!

    ReplyDelete